I was told a while ago that fudge was an easy way to bake with the children. I loved the idea of doing this because we usually make biscuits or egg free cakes so this was some thing a little different. Making fudge was a great way for Moley to discuss the changes he noticed as the ingredients as they were heated through on the hob.
With Christmas just around the corner home made fudge makes a great frugal present. Simply wrap in some fantastic wrapping paper and place in a gift box and it will look great under the Christmas tree! Would you like to give it a go just try the recipe below.
125g Butter (unsalted)
350ml Condensed Milk
1 Teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Place the Water, sugar and butter into a saucepan
2. Boil the ingredients for about 10 minutes on a high heat until the sugar has dissolved
3. Add the condensed milk while continuing to stir every minute.
4. Stop stirring and boiling once the mixture begins to obtain a light brown colour and begins to thicken on the side of the saucepan
5. Add vanilla essence
6. Once cooked poor into shallow baking pan lined with grease proof paper
7. Leave the fudge to set or pop it in the fridge
(Visited 57 times, 1 visits today)